IMPACT SHOW CASE
A long-distance hiking trail as a regional flagship project for sustainable hiking tourism in the Hohe Tauern National Park Region Salzburg
Holiday Region Hohe Tauern National Park Salzburg GmbH
Tourism associations in the Hohe Tauern National Park holiday region Salzburg
Financing by project partners
POWERED BY TRAIL ANGELS
Development Brand & Story Telling
Regional service provider management
Operation Official Trail Info & Booking Centre (licence partner holiday region)
Since 2020 (incl. preparation phase)
- Development of a central storyboard and brand for the long-distance trail.
- Exact route planning & trail scouting for implementation according to the Alpine Trail Manual and the EU Package Travel Regulation
- A signage concept ready for implementation
- Product development and integration up to the status “Ready for Booking”
- Establishment of an official trail information and booking centre for the Hohe Tauern Panorama Trail in the Trail Angels trail booking centre.
Thanks to the efficient and intensive cooperation, the project could be implemented in a timely manner, despite the Covid-19 pandemic. The Hohe Tauern Panorama Trail has been bookable since February 2021 and within months has become one of the most popular long-distance hiking trails in the Trail Angels portfolio.
Inspired by the successful start, the holiday region decided to extend the Hohe Tauern Panorama Trail to cover the entire destination. So the Trail Angels were commissioned, again in close coordination with a regional working group, to extend the Panorama Trail to the mountaineering village of Hüttschlag. In its final form, the Hohe Tauern Panorama Trail comprises 17 daily stages.
MAKING OF: SUSTAINABLE TOURISM EXAMPLES
From the initial idea to concrete implementation: How do sustainable tourism projects actually come about? And what makes them successful? To inspire you for our path towards more sustainability and innovation in tourism, we have created our own digital hall of fame. For our examples in sustainable tourism and their “making of”.
Get in touch
Every great journey begins with the first click.
If we could inspire you for responsible tourism, just get in touch with us. Who knows, maybe something big will come out of this first click!