And the Winner is: Alpe-Adria-Trail
„You can´t win with a loosing card“ (Bob Dylan). When the first idea for the Alpe-Adria-Trail 2010 came into being, success was not foreseeable – as in a poker game. But obviously the Alpe-Adria-Trail has such excellent game cards that have made it an international “Royal Flash”:
- Ace of Hearts: The idea! Let’s develop a long-distance trail from the glaciers of the Alps to the Mediterranean. In order to connect three countries and three cultures and to communicate the unique Alpe Adria region as ONE hiking destination
- King of Hearts: The service! With the establishment of the Alpe-Adria-Trail booking center and its services, the trail became a bookable hiking product. Every year, more and more guests make use of our services: unique hiking tours that combine individual freedom and longing for something special with service, comfort and safety.
- The Joker: Bookyourtrail.com! With our web portal booking a serviced hiking trip is child’s play. No wonder, since it is the only online trail information, booking and management system that is unique in the world.
Over the years, these trumps have repeatedly convinced experts around the world and have showered awards for the Alpe-Adria Trail. Such as:
- National Geographic Traveller USA: TOP 10 Best New Trails 2014
- National Geographic Traveller UK: TOP 10 Best New Trails 2016
- National Geographic Deutschland: TOP 7 Trail 2016
- National Geographic USA: TOP Tipp „Off the beaten Track“ 2018
And now the Alpe Adria Trail was also chosen by the German Hiking Magazine as the “most beautiful long-distance hiking trail in Austria”. An award that weighs particularly hard from a technical point of view because of the professional judgment of the “Königswinterer Kreis”. It was the voices of this long-distance hiking-Think Tank of Germany that lifted the Alpe-Adria-Trail to the top of the prominent applicant field.
Three countries, three cultures, enchanting varied landscapes and an incomparable booking service: that’s why the Alpe-Adria-Trail was voted “Austria’s most beautiful long-distance trail”! © Gerdl/Kärnten Werbung
For us Trail Angels an incentive to make even more effort. To inspire our customers with service, passion and innovation on the Alpe-Adria-Trail during the next hiking season.
And for you an incentive to just try it, to hike the Alpe-Adria-Trail. Best this year, in autumn: the most beautiful hiking time on the most beautiful long-distance hiking trail in Austria. That would be something!
Small, stylish and idyllic: the Dobratsch loop trail encircles Carinthias mystical mountain in four stages and made it just at the first time around into the “top five” of the Austrian long-distance trails! © Naturpark Dobrtasch
And by the way: Another baby from Bookyourtrail.com, the new, small but beautiful Dobratsch loop hiking trail made it to fifth place right away, which of course makes us very happy. The four stages on the Dobratsch Rundwanderweg are ideal for a long hiking weekend in autumn.
Der High Scardus Trail - Soul of the Balkan Mountains: breathtakingly beautiful long distance hiking in the Western Balkans © Matthew NelsonI was thrilled when I received word that I would be joining Trail Angel Stefan Lieb-Lind as the photographer on a ten-day...
The High Scardus Trail - Soul of the Balkan Mountains: breathtakingly beautiful long-distance hiking in the Western Balkans. Here in the impressive Korab Mountains ©Trail AngelsAn inspiring travelogue by Taulant B. Hoxha about the ascent of the southern section of the...
Get in touch
Every great journey begins with the first click.
If we could inspire you for responsible tourism, just get in touch with us. Who knows, maybe something big will come out of this first click!